Terms & Conditions
1. Elan Creative Website Design & Development Services
- For projects which we work on directly with clients, and not via the PeoplePerHour.com website, we charge for the design and development of websites as follows: Before we start work, a 50% deposit of the total sum due is payable. When the website design is approved by you and the home page is completed, a further 25% is due (design payment). The final 25% is payable when the website is complete and ready to be published (final payment) Your website will only be switched to ‘live’ mode when it has been paid for, in full. The initial deposit payment is non-refundable after Elan Creative has spent time working on the project.
- Elan Creative will charge a 2% fee for all payments made using PayPal and 1.4% for payments made using a credit card. This fee is charged due to the costs incurred by Elan Creative for receiving such payments by our service provider. If this is not acceptable to the client, we also accept direct bank payments (BACS).
- Elan Creative own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full.
2. Elan Creative Terms & Conditions
- We offer 3 months free hosting for all of our clients, if required. No credit is given for unused free services and we reserve the right to revoke free hosting without prior notice. We will work with you to transfer your hosting elsewhere if your hosting is revoked.
- We provide a free transfer service on a case by case base only and this will be offered to you only after we review your current hosting. We do not provide free hosting transfers from Freeola, GoDaddy and some other hosting companies due to the additional amount of time it takes to work with those hosting administration panels.
- We provide full cPanel administrator access to your hosting so you’re free to update your MX records, create new email addresses, etc.
- At the end of the 3 months, hosting is charged at our annual rate for website hosting.
- If you cancel your hosting at any stage then we will process a refund for FULL unused months e.g. if you have 3 months and 5 days remaining, we will refund the value of 3 months only.
- Our hosting service includes daily backups for up to one week ago. We cannot ensure the accuracy of backups and therefore strongly recommend that you deploy your own backup plan, and regularly download your backups to an offline device such as an external hard drive.
2.2. Website Design and Development Services
Our invoice payment terms is 7 days after the date on the invoice. We will apply late fees to invoices which are not paid 31 days after the due date on your invoice – these are applied due to the additional administration required to deal with late invoice payments. In case of unpaid invoices for website design and development services, the debt will be passed to a 3rd party debt collection service and you will be also be liable to pay 3rd party debt collection fees in addition to the outstanding invoice amount and late fees. In addition to this your website files will expire after an extended period of non-payment.
4. Governing Law
Any disputes arising out of or related to these Terms of Service and/or any use by you of Elan Creative services shall be governed by the laws of The Netherlands, without regard to the conflicts of law’s provisions therein.
1. Privacy Statement
1.1 How Elan Creative Collects Your Data
1.1.1 Information you provide
When you visit our websites we might ask you to provide personal data e.g. name, email, address, telephone number and business registration and VAT registration numbers. We may ask you this kind of data when you become a client, when you sign up for services, respond to a job application, join us on social media, contact us with questions or request support, services and quotes. You don’t have to provide us with your personal data, but it will mean you can’t use our services and you won’t be able to log into our website.
1.1.2 Information we collect
1.2 How We Process Your Data
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to provide services to you,
- in accordance with a legal obligation e.g. financial administration requirements,
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we will be unable to provide you with our services, and some functions on our websites will not be available to you.
1.3 How We Use Your Data
We use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
- To communicate with you
e.g. to prove you with information you’ve requested from us or information we are required to send to you, in business communications e.g. changes to our websites / services, security updates
- To support you
e.g. assisting with your support requests or other issues relating to your website(s). This can be via email, telephone or our support system.
- To market to you
In addition to sending you marketing information e.g. about our own services if we introduce a new service or want to tell you about a special offer
- To analyse and report
e.g. to produce analytics and reports, which we may use to improve our service
1.4 How We Store Your Data
We use a range of 3rd party services for various business processes e.g. xero.com for bookkeeping, dropbox.com and Google G Suite for project file storage etc. All services we use have been carefully chosen and are reputable companies who are GDPR compliant and take data storage seriously. If you are our client we will provide a list of these services upon request, along with any details of data stored.
1.5 International Data Transfers
When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in e.g. USA where our bookkeeping system is hosted. This means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for EEA data.
Security is of the utmost importance and a top priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We are committed to protecting your personal data and have the appropriate technical and procedural measures in place to make sure your data is secure.
1.7 Data Retention & Deletion
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an obligation to retain it e.g. your billing and invoice information cannot be deleted as we are legally obliged to maintain and store financial records for as many years as we are required to in The Netherlands.
1.8 Your Rights
You have certain rights relating to your personal data e.g. you can ask us not to send you marketing communications at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email, or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to:
- know what personal data we hold about you
- make sure your personal data is correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it (however see restrictions in “Data Retention & Deletion” above)
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email request to email@example.com. If you’re not happy with how we are storing and processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us using the details below.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site e.g. you can no longer log in. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookiesThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookiesThis site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. This Cookies Policy was created with the help of the CookiePolicyGenerator.com
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us (see below)
You can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this link: https://www.elancreative.studio/contact/
- Phone: +44 (0)20 328 77788